Ameritron ALS-1300 Solid-State Amplifiers offer a full 1,200 watts of linear output with NO TUNING REQUIRED! These amplifiers use eight state-of-the-art RF TMOS MRF-150 FETs operating at 50 V in a double-ended push/pull parallel output configuration. Ameritron ALS-1300 amplifiers provide continuous frequency coverage from 1.5 through 22 MHz (160 through 15 meters**) with no tuning adjustments. Broadband 5-pole low pass filters provide output harmonic suppression in excess of all FCC requirements. High quality RF components, an accurate peak-detecting directional coupler, a front panel adjustable ALC circuit with automatic SWR fold-back, and one-switch frequency selection, all combine to make the ALS-1300 amplifiers some of the easiest-to-operate high power HF amplifiers available. Their matching separate power supply is shipped factory-wired for 240 V 50/60 Hz power mains, but is easily converted to 120 Vac operations.
** Optional Modification Kit for 10 and 12 meter operations available to FCC licensed Amateurs
Ameritron ALS-1300 Solid-State Amplifiers feature:
* Instant band switching with no tuning and no warm-up
* Automatic remote band switching that follows many popular transceivers with optional Ameritron radio interface
* SWR protection prevents amplifier damage if you switch to wrong band, use wrong antenna, or have high SWR. If output forward power or reflected power exceeds safe level, output power is automatically reduced to prevent amplifier damage by controlling ALC to exciter with over power protection
* Extremely quiet, low speed, low volume fan is so quiet you'll hardly know it's there, unlike noisy blowers used in other amps
* Very compact amplifier takes up less desktop space than your transceiver and weighs 22 lbs.
* Illuminated cross-needle SWR/wattmeter lets you read SWR, forward and reflected peak power simultaneously
* Operate/standby switch lets you run "barefoot," but you can instantly switch to full power if you need it
* Front panel ALC control lets you adjust your output power
* Transmit, ALC, and SWR LED indicators keep you informed
* 12 Vdc output jack lets you power low current accessories
* ALS-1300PS power supply (included) can be placed conveniently out of the way and plugged into a 240 or 120 Vac outlet