Ameritron ALS-600 Amplifiers are 600 watt, solid-state linear amplifiers that use state-of-the-art, high voltage, RF TMOS-FET devices in the power output section. ALS-600 amplifiers provide continuous frequency coverage from 1.5 through 22 MHz (160 through 15 meters**) with no tuning adjustments. Broadband 5-pole low pass filters provide output harmonic suppression in excess of all FCC requirements.
**10 and 12 meter operation with optional modification kit, FCC Amateur license required
ALS-600 amplifiers use four MRF-150 FETs operating at 50 V in a double ended push-pull parallel output configuration. High quality RF components combine with an accurate peak-detecting directional coupler, front panel adjustable ALC circuit with automatic SWR fold-back, and one-switch frequency selection to make these amplifiers some of the easiest to operate.
The included matching power supply, ALS-600PS, is a linear, transformer type supply that weighs 32 lbs. It is shipped factory-wired for 120 V, 50/60 Hz power mains. It is easily converted to other supply voltages between 100 and 240 V.
Ameritron ALS-600 Amplifiers feature:
* Instant band switching, no tuning, no warm-up
* Automatic remote band switching is possible with the optional Ameritron Amplifier Radio Interface
* Output power is 600 watts PEP, 500 watts CW
* Continuous coverage 1.5 to 22 MHz; 10/12 meters with easy-to-install optional kit AMR-MOD-10MB with proof valid FCC Amateur license
* SWR protection prevents amplifier damage if you switch to wrong band, use wrong antenna, or have high SWR
* If output forward power or reflected power exceeds safe level, output power is automatically reduced to prevent amplifier damage by controlling ALC to exciter with Over Power Protection
* Extremely quiet, low speed, low volume fan--unlike noisy blowers used in other amps
* Very compact amplifier takes up less desktop space than your transceiver and weighs 12 1/2 lbs.
* Illuminated cross-needle SWR/wattmeter lets you read SWR, forward and reflected peak power simultaneously
* Operate/standby switch lets you run "barefoot," but you can instantly switch to full power if you need it
* Front panel ALC control, an exclusive Ameritron feature, lets you adjust your output power
* Transmit, ALC and SWR LED indicators
* 12 Vdc output jack lets you power low current accessories
* Separate ALS-600PS power supply (included) can be placed conveniently out of the way and plugged into your nearest 120 Vac outlet--no special wiring needed