If you don't have the space for a four-square phased vertical array, then COMTEK PVS-2 Series Phased Vertical Systems are what you have been looking for. When you have two vertical antennas installed in a Northeast-Southwest line and spaced one quarter wavelength apart, two directional patterns and one broadsid/Omni pattern are available at the turn of a switch. Typical directional gain compared to a single antenna is 3 dB with an F/B ratio of 20 dB or better. They require a 50 ohm non-inductive dummy load and COM-CW4 four-conductor line, length-specific. Available in 160, 80, 40, 30, and 20 meter bands, COMTEK PVS-2 Series Phased Vertical Systems have quality components at an affordable price.
Additional features include:
* 3-direction switching includes selectable end-fire and broadside directions
* Switch box operates from 12 Vdc for installation flexibility and emergency operation.
* Typical 18 dB front to back rejection and 3 dB gain
* Rated at 2 kW continuous amateur service duty
* Less than 0.05 dB insertion loss
* Includes a custom in-house wound UNUN and a 90 degree toroid
* Relay system includes MOVs, a COMTEK standard in all models since 1994
* Amphenol silver tip SO-239s and Potter and Brumfield relays