|HF Vertical Antenna Mounting Position|
DX Engineering 30 Meter Fast Taper High Performance Vertical Antennas are self-supporting vertical antenna systems that operate over the entire 30 meter band with an SWR of less than 1.5:1, yet are only 24 ft. high. Full 20 meter band coverage is available by simply telescoping the tubing to 16 ft.
The fast taper element provides the lowest wind resistance and the vertical uses no coils or linear loading elements. Designed with drawn 6063 corrosion-resistant aluminum tubing and stainless steel hardware, this antenna is very durable and attractive. Rugged aluminum alloy 6063 is most commonly used for seamless structural tube and pipe. It is popular in structural use for both its high strength and great, long-lasting appearance. Alloy 6063 provides great resistance to general corrosion, including resistance to stress-corrosion cracking. With excellent surface appearance, 6063 is the best alloy for high strength, long -lasting antenna applications. The massive EXTREN® channel insulator supporting the 6063 drawn aluminum antenna radiator has over twice the tensile and flexural strength of competitive nylon plastic materials, and is superior for its RF handling characteristics.
Another key to performance in any quarter wave vertical is a good ground radial system. For best performance on 30 meters, 32 radials, about 20 ft. long, are recommended. Fewer radials will work, but with diminishing results.
The DX Engineering 30VE-1 vertical antenna systems include:
* 5 Type 6063 corrosion-resistant, durable antenna element tubing sections and 8 all stainless steel clement clamps
* 1 stainless steel backing plate, 1 insulated channel plate, and 4 DX Engineering saddle clamps for mounting the antenna to the channel plate and the backing plate to a ground post or pipe
* Stainless steel hardware pack for complete antenna assembly.
For proper installation, additional materials are needed, but not supplied. You will need:
* Mounting pipe--steel pipe that has 1.75 in. O.D. with 0.125 to 0.25 in. wall thickness, 4 ft. long
* Quick-set concrete for mounting pipe installation
* Radial wire and wire lugs--must use 14-gauge, stranded copper wire with PVC insulation. A minimum of 16 radials, 20 ft. long, is recommended.
* Penetrox--to ensure good connection between aluminum hardware and in-between aluminum tubing sections
* Anti-seize compound, which should be used on the threads of the stainless steel hardware
DX Engineering highly recommends the additional purchase of a DX Engineering Vertical Feedline Current Choke Kit, Radial Plate and a Tilt Base for use with the 30 meter Vertical Antenna.