DX Engineering Active Vertical Receive Antennas offer excellent receiving performance from 100 kHz to 30 MHz using the included 102 in. long whip antenna element. Their unique design makes them vastly superior to traditional active antennas in both strong signal handling and feedline decoupling. You get significantly better weak signal reception due to lower spurious signal interference and reduced noise. The antennas are great for Amateur radio or shortwave listening (SWL).
Now RoHS-compliant, the DX Engineering Active Vertical Receive Antennas ground the antenna's element when the power is turned off. They may be used in installations when spacing from transmit antennas is less than 1/2 wavelength but more than 1/10 wavelength (on the lowest frequency). A Time Variable Sequence Unit should be used to ensure the correct transmit to receive switching.
Two DX Engineering Active Vertical Receive Antennas can be used with our Receive Antenna Phasing Unit to make a steerable vertical array.
* Close spacing from transmit antennas--element grounded at power-off
* Sensitive--weak signal sensitivity rivaling full size antennas
* Wide bandwidth: 100 kHz to 30 MHz
* Excellent strong signal handling--outstanding third order intercept (TOI) of +30 dBm
* Reduced noise--quiet FET followers and exceptional feedline shield isolation
* Long life--high quality stainless and brass mounting hardware, metal enclosure
* Compact--stainless steel tapered element has low visual and environmental impact
* Easy mounting and installation flexibility--pre-drilled mounting plate and universal V-saddle clamps
* Non-conductive mounting plate
* Solid brass element mounting block
* High quality, 102 in. tapered stainless steel whip antenna element
* Active matching system with internal antenna disconnect relay
* Feedline voltage injector--powers the matching system and provides radio connections
* Element connection wire
* Stainless steel mounting clamps and hardware for element assembly