DX Engineering ARAV3-4P Active Receive Vertical Antenna Packages are intended for use with DX Engineering Receive Four-Square Systems to build a four-square receiving array. The feedline voltage injectors are not included, as the receive four-square systems have provision for powering the active antennas.
These DX Engineering Active Receive Vertical Antennas offer excellent receiving performance from 100 kHz to 30 MHz using the included 102 in. long whip antenna element. Their unique design makes them vastly superior to traditional active antennas in both strong-signal handling and feedline decoupling. You get significantly better weak-signal reception due to lower spurious signal interference and reduced noise. The antennas are great for amateur radio or shortwave listening (SWL).
Now RoHS-compliant, the DX Engineering Active Receive Vertical Antennas ground the antenna's element when the power is turned off. They are used in installations in close proximity to transmitting antennas (1/10 wavelength of the lowest transmitting frequency), provided that the unit is powered off at least 5ms before transmitting. A sequencer should be used to ensure the correct transmit to receive switching.
* Close spacing from transmit antennas--element grounded at power-off
* Sensitive--weak signal sensitivity rivaling full size antennas
* Wide bandwidth: 100 kHz to 30 MHz
* Excellent strong-signal handling--outstanding third order intercept (TOI) of +30 dBm
* Reduced noise--quiet FET followers and exceptional feedline shield isolation
* Long life--high-quality stainless and brass mounting hardware, metal enclosure
* Compact--stainless steel tapered element has low visual and environmental impact
* Easy mounting and installation flexibility--pre-drilled mounting plate and universal V-saddle clamps
* Four non-conductive mounting plates
* Four solid brass element mounting blocks
* Four high-quality, 102 in. tapered stainless steel whip antenna elements
* Four active matching systems with internal antenna disconnect relays
* Four element connection wires
* Four stainless steel mounting clamps and hardware for element assembly