LDG Electronics Z-817 automatic antenna tuners are the ultimate auto-tuners for QRP radios, including the Yaesu FT-817(D). The Z-817 tuners interface to the CAT port (ACC) on the back of the FT-817 radio with the provided cable. Tuning could not be simpler--one push on the tuner button is all that is needed and the Z-817s take care of the rest. They will switch to PKT mode, transmit a carrier, tune the tuner, and then restore the radio to the previous mode! The 2,000 memories cover 160 through 6 meters. Of course, LDG Z-817 tuners will also function as general-purpose antenna tuners with other QRP radios. Just transmit a carrier and press the tune button on the tuners. The Z-817 tuners are powered by four AA internal alkaline batteries only (not included). So an additional power cable isn't required to use the Z-817s. Latching relays are used so that power consumption is zero when not tuning, allowing a set of batteries to last about one year.
Additional features include:
* RF power is 0.1 to 20 watts SSB, CW, and digital modes
* Latching relays for ultra-low power consumption
* Battery-operated 4 x 1.5V alkaline AA (not included)
* Built-in CAT port interface, CAT through port for computer connection, 38,400 baud
* 2,000 memories when used with FT-817 interface (200 memories for other radios)
* 1.8 to 54 MHz coverage (continuous coverage for MARS)
* Tunes 6 to 600 ohms (about 10:1 SWR range) 16 to 150 on 6M (about 3:1)
* SO-239 in and out connections for dipoles, verticals, beams, G5RV, OCF, Cobra, etc.
* Includes 12 in. CAT cable
* Weighs 9.3 oz. without batteries