Shop Our Store
More Ways to Shop & Save
You Have Selected
If you choose to pick up your order in Tallmadge, OH we'll note which parts are ready to be picked up TODAY
DX Engineering Active Horizontal Receive Antennas offer excellent receiving performance from 100 kHz to 30 MHz with stainless steel antenna elements that have a total wingspan of only 210 inches. Their unique design makes them vastly superior to traditional active antennas in both strong signal handling and feedline decoupling. You get significantly better weak signal reception due to lower spurious signal interference and reduced noise. They are ideal for Amateur radio or shortwave listening (SWL).
A horizontally configured system makes for very sensitive horizontally polarized receiving antennas that are ground independent. Horizontal polarization will greatly reduce ground-wave propagated noise in congested urban environments. Their light weight and low wind resistance reduce support requirements and, if rotation is desired, you can use a lightweight antenna rotator. The inconspicuous whip antenna elements also have excellent wind survivability. Mounting the Active Receive Horizontal on a tower or mast with other antennas is not recommended. Active Receive antennas should be mounted in the clear, away from other antennas and metal structures for best results.
DX Engineering Active Horizontal Receive Antennas operate over a very wide bandwidth with superior strong signal performance. The output Third Order Intercept (TOI) is approximately +30 dBm, which is significantly better than most aftermarket amplifiers and receivers, making them one of the cleanest active antennas on the market. This exceptionally high Third Order Intercept (TOI) reduces or eliminates spurious signals. The feedline decoupling, absent in some other popular designs, is also exceptionally good. Decoupling the shield greatly reduces feedline conducted noise and unwanted signal interference.
The DX Engineering Active Horizontal Receive Antennas ground the antenna elements to the shield when power is turned off. They may be used in installations when spacing from transmit antennas is less than 1/2 wavelength but more than 1/10 wavelength (on the lowest frequency). In those cases, a DX Engineering Time Variable Sequence Unit, DXE-TVSU-1A, should be used to ensure the correct transmit to receive switching. However, mounting the Active Receive Horizontal on a tower or mast with other antennas is not recommended. Active Receive antennas should be mounted in the clear, away from other antennas and metal structures for the best low noise results.
DX Engineering Active Horizontal Receive Antennas feature:
* Sensitive--weak signal sensitivity rivaling full size antennas
* Wide bandwidth: 100 kHz to 30 MHz
* Excellent strong signal handling--outstanding Third Order Intercept of +30 dBm
* Reduced noise--quiet FET followers and exceptional feedline shield isolation
* Close spacing from transmit antennas--element grounded at power-off
* Long life--high quality stainless and brass mounting hardware, metal enclosure
* Compact--stainless steel tapered element has low visual and environmental impact
* Easy mounting and installation flexibility--pre-drilled mounting plate and universal V-saddle clamps
DX Engineering Active Horizontal Receive Antennas Systems include:
* Non-conductive mounting plates
* Stainless steel clamps and hardware for mounting plate assembly
* Solid brass element mounting blocks
* 2-element connection wires
* Two high quality 102 in. tapered stainless steel elements
* Active Matching system with internal antenna disconnect relay
* Feedline voltage injector (included) powers the AVA matching unit and provides the radio connection
Receive Antenna, Active Horizontal, 100 kHz to 30 MHz, Dual Whip, 13.8 Vdc, w/FVI-1 and 120 Vac adapter, Kit
Part Number: DXE-ARAH3-1P
Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow
The part DXE-ARAH3-1P has an additional shipping charge of $8.00 per item due to its large size and/or weight.